And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

31 Day Daily Devotional SERIES for the Garden of the Heart: DAY 5

 DAY 5
Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
  ....declares the Lord: 
I will put my laws into their minds, 
and write them on their hearts, 
and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Exodus 20:12/2 Corinthians 3:3
 
Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, 
when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;
......and the grinders [teeth] cease because they are few, 
and those that look out of the windows [eyes] be darkened,
and the almond tree [white hair] shall flourish, 
and the grasshopper [physical weakness] shall be a burden, 
Or  
[breaking down of the body] 
ever the silver cord be loosed, 
or the golden bowl be broken, 
or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, 
or the wheel broken at the cistern.
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: 
and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
As newborn babes, 
desire the sincere milk of the word, 
that ye may grow thereby:
--When I was a child, 
I spake as a child, 
I understood as a child, 
I thought as a child: 
but when I became a man, 
I put away childish things.
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:
Fear [Respect] God, 
and keep his commandments
for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgment
with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Ecclesiastes 12:1,3,5-7/1 Peter 2:2/1 Corinthians 13:11/Ecclesiastes  12:13,14
 
DAILY REMINDER
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, 
and have not LOVE, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, 
and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, 
and have not LOVE, I am nothing. 
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not LOVE, it profiteth me nothing.
LOVE suffereth long, and is kind; 
LOVE envieth not; 
LOVE vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, 
is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 
And now abideth faith, hope, LOVE, these three; 
but the greatest of these is LOVE.
 And from Jesus Christ, ....Unto him that loved us, 
and washed us from our sins in his own blood,...
1 Corinthians 13:1-5,13/Revelation 1:5
 
"Why does God record in His word, that ALL IS VANITY, but to keep us from deceiving ourselves to our ruin? 
He makes our duty to be our interest. 
May it be graven in all our hearts. 
Fear God, and keep His commandments, 
 for this is all that concerns man."
Matthew Henry
Closing Thought for the Day
 And Jacob said unto Pharaoh,.....
 few and evil have the days of the years of my life been... 
O God, thou knowest my foolishness; 
and my sins are not hid from thee.
Genesis 47:9/Psalm 69:5