And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

31 Day Daily Devotional SERIES for the Garden of the Heart: DAY 13

 DAY 13
And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, 
there they crucified him, and the malefactors, 
one on the right hand, and the other on the left.
 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee,
To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Luke 23:34,43
 
 "Luke 23:43 and misplaced commas  
Spot the difference between these two phrases:
1. "Verily I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."
2. "Verily I say to you today, you will be with me in Paradise."
Exactly, the moving of the comma changes both the structure
and the meaning of the sentence.
 
*The original Greek had no punctuation, so translators had to guess about where to place a comma. They decided on the common rendering of the text.
But they got it wrong. It should read: “Verily I say unto thee today, shalt thou be with me in paradise.” 
---Jesus is saying, even though right now I don’t look like a king, I’m telling you right now that because you called me Lord and King, you’re going to be with me in heaven.
*We know it’s a misplaced comma because Jesus didn’t go to heaven that day! 
Three days after that promise, Mary saw Jesus after His resurrection and grabbed hold of His ankles. He said, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father” (John 20:17). He could not have been in heaven on Friday! The Bible makes it clear that the thief did not go to heaven with Jesus Friday afternoon."
 JM & AmazingFacts 

@ = 1st Resurrection [at 2nd Advent]
@ = 2nd Resurrection [after Millennium]
                      For the living know that they shall die: 
                             but the dead know not any thing...
And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, @ some to everlasting life, 
@ and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
And shall come forth; 
@ they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life
@ and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation
         ... that there shall be a resurrection of the dead
                     both of @ the just @ and unjust. 
@ But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. --The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds. Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death.
@ Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection
...that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep
             For the Lord himself 
                 shall descend from heaven with a shout, 
                      with the voice of the archangel, 
                              and with the trump of God: 
and the dead in Christ shall rise first
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Ecclesiastes 9:5/Daniel 12:2/John 5:29/Acts 24:15/Revelation 20:5,6,13,14/1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

DAILY REMINDER
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, 
and have not LOVE, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, 
and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, 
and have not LOVE, I am nothing. 
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not LOVE, it profiteth me nothing.
LOVE suffereth long, and is kind; 
LOVE envieth not; 
LOVE vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, 
is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 
And now abideth faith, hope, LOVE, these three; 
but the greatest of these is LOVE.
 And from Jesus Christ, ....Unto him that loved us, 
and washed us from our sins in his own blood,...
1 Corinthians 13:1-5,13/Revelation 1:5
 
 "Let us learn from Mary Magdalene how to obtain fellowship with the Lord Jesus.
Notice how she sought.

* She sought the Savior very early in the morning.

* She sought Him also with very great boldness. Other disciples fled from the sepulchre, for they trembled and were amazed; but Mary, it is said, "stood" at the sepulcher.

* Note further, she sought Jesus earnestly-she stood "weeping." Those tear-droppings were as spells that led the Savior captive, and made Him come forth and show Himself to her.
Some find it hard to stand by a living Savior,
but she stood by a dead one.
Let us seek Christ after this mode, cleaving to the very least thing that has to do with Him, remaining faithful though all others should forsake Him.
Mary Magdalene sought thus because she loved much.
Let us arouse ourselves to the same intensity of affection;"

Charles Spurgeon
 
 Closing Thought for the Day
 O wretched man that I am! 
who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Romans 7:24