And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Sunday, January 9, 2022

31 Day Daily Devotional SERIES for the Garden of the Heart: DAY 10

 DAY 10
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.
 ....declares the Lord: 
I will put my laws into their minds, 
and write them on their hearts, 
and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Exodus 20:16/2 Corinthians 3:3 
 
And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. 
What shall we say then?
Q: Is the law sin?
A: God forbid.
Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law:
for I had not known lust,
except the law had said,
Thou shalt not covet.
Luke 12:15/Romans 7:7
 
 
 
 
 
DAILY REMINDER
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, 
and have not LOVE, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, 
and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, 
and have not LOVE, I am nothing. 
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not LOVE, it profiteth me nothing.
LOVE suffereth long, and is kind; 
LOVE envieth not; 
LOVE vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, 
is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 
And now abideth faith, hope, LOVE, these three; 
but the greatest of these is LOVE.
 And from Jesus Christ, ....Unto him that loved us, 
and washed us from our sins in his own blood,...
1 Corinthians 13:1-5,13/Revelation 1:5
 
 "The deadly sin that led to Achan's ruin had its roots in covetousness, of all sins one of the most common and the most lightly regarded. 
While other offences meet with detection and punishment, how rarely does the 10th commandment so much as call forth censure. Covetousness is an evil of gradual development." 
Patriarchs & Prophets p.496 E.G.W.
 
 Closing Thought for the Day
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat,....For all that is in the world, 
the lust of the flesh
and the lust of the eyes
and the pride of life, 
is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Genesis 3:6/1 John 2:16