And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Jeremiah 23 SERIES: Vs.23-28

 Commentary of Charles Spurgeon, Adam Clarke & Matthew Henry
 
Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?
Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. 
Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.
I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed.
How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart; Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal.
The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; 
and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD.
Vs.23-28
 
Am I a God at hand, - and not a God afar off? — You act as if you thought I could not see you! Am I not omnipresent? Do not I fill the heavens and the earth?
 
I have heard what the prophets said that prophesy lies in my name. They thought that he was so wholly taken up with the other
world that he had no leisure to take cognizance of what passed in this. But God will make them know that he knows all their impostures, all the shams they have put upon the world, under color of divine revelation. .....they pretended to have had from God in a dream, when there was no such thing. 
 
Let them consider that their palming upon people counterfeit revelations,.....the ready way to bring all religion into contempt and make men turn atheists and infidels; and this was the thing they really intended, .....They designed to draw people off from the worship of God, from all regard to God's laws and ordinances and the true prophets, as their fathers forgot God's name for Baal. 
 
The great thing Satan aims at is to make people forget God, and all that whereby he has made himself known; and he has many subtle methods to bring them to this. 
---Sometimes he does it by setting up false gods (bring men in love with Baal, and they soon forget the name of God), 
---sometimes by misrepresenting the true God, as if he were altogether such a one as ourselves. 
 
What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the Lord. — Mix none of your own devices with my doctrines.
Wheat was the staple commodity of Canaan, that valley of vision, Deu. 8:8; Eze. 27:17. There is as much difference between the vain fancies of men and the pure word of God as between the chaff and the wheat.  

Let them consider what a vast difference there was between their prophecies and those that were delivered by the true prophets of the Lord.