And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Sunday, July 22, 2018

A Psalm (63) for the Remnant- In the "Wilderness of Judah"

Psalm 63:
To see thy power and thy glory,
so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
My soul followeth hard after thee:
thy right hand upholdeth me.
Psalm 63:2,8
"The location of the writing of the psalm is described generally as “in the wilderness of Judah”. Unlike many of the psalms written in these dire situations, however, this psalm is overflowing with thanksgiving rather than lament and petition.

In deepest words of devotion, this psalm expresses David’s intense love for his Lord. The psalm was written while David was in the Judean wilderness, either during his flight from Saul or more likely from Absalom.

David writes from the perspective of these tenses:
I.          Present – Seeking God’s Presence (63:1-5).
To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. vs.2
II.         Past – Remembering God’s Power (63:6-8).
Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. vs.7
III.       Future – Anticipating God’s Judgment (63-9-11).
...but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped. vs.11
Verses 1-2: "Early will I seek thee". The true Christian devotes to God the morning hour.... There are Psalms proper for a wilderness; and we have reason to thank God it is the wilderness of Judah we are in, not the wilderness of Sin.
 
I. By a lively active faith: O God! thou art my God. Note, In all our addresses to God we must eye him as God, and our God, and this will be our comfort in a wilderness-state.
II. He longs to enjoy God. What is it that he does so passionately wish for? What is his petition and what is his request? It is this, To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.....he looked through the veil of ceremonies to the invisible One.
III. In the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice, alluding either to the wings of the cherubim stretched out over the ark of the covenant, between which God is said to dwell or to the wings of a fowl, under which the helpless young ones have shelter, as the eagle's young ones.
IV. When I remember thee upon my bed. Lying awake, the good man betook himself to meditation, and then began to sing. .... If day's cares tempt us to forget God, it is well that night's quiet should lead us to remember him.
BooksOfTheBible/MatthewHenry/CharlesSpurgeon