And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Psalm 61: 3 C's of God's Covenant with us

Psalm 61:

"To the Chief Musician upon Neginah, a Psalm of David. The original indicates that both the hymn and the musical instrument were David's.

This Psalm is a pearl.
It is little,
but precious.

The psalm is rich in metaphors and references to God’s covenants.
I.          The Cry for Help (61:1-2).
... lead me to the rock that is higher than I. vs.2
II.         The Confidence in God (61:3-7).
I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: vs.4
III.       The Commitment to Loyalty (61:8).
So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows. vs.8
 
 David begins with prayers and tears,
but ends with praise. 
God's power and promise are a rock that is higher than we are.
This rock is Christ.
 
Verse 1. Hear my cry, O God. Our heavenly Father is not hardened against the cries of his own children. ... praying breath is never spent in vain!
Verse 2. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee. It was a wise resolution, for had he ceased to pray he would have become the victim of despair; there is an end to a man when he makes an end to prayer.
Verse 3. For thou hast been a shelter for me. Observe how the psalmist rings the changes on, Thou hast, and I will,Ps 61:3-6. Experience is the nurse of faith.
 Verse 4. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever. Let me once get back to thy courts, and nothing shall again expel me from them.
Verse 5. For thou, O God, hast heard my vows. Proofs of divine faithfulness are to be had in remembrance, ... The prayer of Ps 61:1 is certain of an answer because of the experience of Ps 61:5, since we deal with an immutable God.
Verse 6. Thou wilt prolong the king's life; or, better, "days to the days of the King thou wilt add." Death threatened, but God preserved his beloved.
Verse 7. He shall abide before God for ever. Though this is true of David in a modified sense, we prefer to view the Lord Jesus as here intended as the lineal descendant of David, and the representative of his royal race.
Verse 8. So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever.
*Because my prayer is answered,
my song shall be perpetual;
*because Jesus for ever sits at thy right hand,
it shall be acceptable;
*because I am preserved in him,
it shall be grateful."
BooksOfTheBible/Charles Spurgeon