And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Job Simplified- Chapter 9

Chapter 9
Whom, though I were righteous, yet would I not answer,
 but I would make supplication to my judge.
Job 9:15

Job replies to Bildad’s first speech
God is very great
v1 Job replied:
v2 Bildad, I know that your words are correct. But man is weak, and God is strong. So I do not know how any man could be really good. v3 A man might want to argue with God. But the man could not answer when God accuses that man.
v4 God is wise. And God is powerful. Nobody who opposes God can succeed.
v5 God can suddenly move mountains. And God can destroy a mountain when he is angry. v6 God can cause the earth to shake. And the deepest parts of the earth move. v7 God’s words can order the sun not to shine. And he can order the stars not to shine.
v8 God designed the sky. He rules the sea. v9 He made the constellations (arrangements of stars). v10 We cannot discover all his great works. And we cannot count his wonderful deeds.
v11 God passes me. But I do not see him. He walks near me. But I am unaware. v12 If he takes something away, nobody can prevent him. Nobody can say to him, ‘Stop!’
v13 When God is angry, he destroys his enemies.
Job did not disagree with Bildad’s speech. But Job thought that Bildad’s advice was too simple. Bildad seemed to think that a man, by his good behaviour, can force God to help him. But nobody can control God.
 
Verses 1-2
Job repeated here Eliphaz’s idea in Job 4:12-21. That is, everybody does wrong things against God. But Job knew that nobody is perfect. Nobody deserves God’s help. We should be humble when we pray to God.
Verse 3
Job himself wanted to argue with God about his situation. Job discusses this further in verses 14-20.
Verses 4-10
Some people may think that they are strong or powerful. But God is much more powerful than any person.
Verses 11-12
Often we are not aware of God’s work.
We do not realize what he is doing.
But God is not far away from us.
Verse 13
No enemy can successfully oppose God. See Psalm 2.

A man cannot argue with God
v14 So, I cannot argue with God. I cannot even choose the right words to say to him. v15 Even if I am innocent, I cannot oppose him. But God is my judge. So, I must ask God to be kind to me.
v16 Suppose that I called God. And suppose that God answered me. I would not believe that he would listen to me. v17 He would send a storm to oppose me. And he would make my pain worse. v18 I would be unable to breathe. And I would be even sadder.
v19 I cannot force God (to hear me), because he is very strong.
And I cannot ask him to be my judge. There is no opportunity for me to speak. v20 Even if I were innocent, I would accuse myself. And I would say that I am guilty.
v21 I am innocent. But I am not trying to prove this. I hate my life. v22 Everybody suffers in the same way. This is why I say, ‘God kills both good people and evil people.’ v23 God laughs at innocent people when they are sad. This is why illness causes many people to die.
v24 When wicked people rule a country, the judges are unfair. And I think that God causes this. I do not think that anyone else is responsible for this.
v25 Every day ends so quickly. My days seem as fast as a man who runs. And my days are never good. v26 My days seem as quick as a sailing boat. Or, as quick as a bird that descends to its food. v27 But sometimes I pretend to be happy. I smile. And I try to forget my troubles. v28 But my troubles still worry me.
And, God, I know your thoughts. You do not think that I am innocent. v29 You are already sure that I
am guilty. And I am too tired to defend myself. v30 I am like a man who cleans himself with soap. v31 And you are like someone who drops that man into a muddy hole in the ground. And even that man’s clothes smell terrible.

Verses 14-15
Job realized that God is the greatest judge. Job wanted to explain his problems to God. But Job did not know what to say to God.
Verses 16-18
In these verses, Job did not realize that God cared about him. Job did not know about the events in Job 1:6-12 or Job 2:1-6. Jesus taught that God knows everything about us. God knows each person. And he cares about us all. See Matthew 10:29-30.
Here, Job could not even imagine that God might speak to him. Or, that God might help Job with his troubles.
Verse 19
Job would not have said such things if he knew God’s words in Job 2:3. The truth was that Job would not need to explain his troubles to God. God already knew Job’s problems. God cared. And God would rescue Job in the end (Job 42:10-17).
Verse 20
God is so perfect that even an innocent man would feel guilty. This is partly true. God is so holy that even his special servants in heaven cover their faces (Isaiah 6:2). But, in the future, we shall live with God (Revelation 21:3). We shall know him perfectly, and we shall be glad to see him (1 Corinthians 13:12).
Verses 21-24
In this life, good people often suffer.
But God is not responsible for their troubles.
Sometimes the devil caused the troubles (as in Job 2:7).
Sometimes evil people are responsible.
And sometimes natural events cause troubles.
Verses 25-27
Job could hardly remember the time when he was successful. And he thought that he would die soon. So his life seemed very short.
Verses 28-31
Job knew that God was his judge. But Job did not think that he could defend himself. Job thought that his situation was hopeless.

Job needs someone to help him
v32 God is not a man like me. I cannot answer his speeches. I cannot meet God in court. v33 I wish someone, like a lawyer, could meet us both. v34 That person could persuade God not to punish me. Then, I would not be afraid of God. v35 I could speak to God without fear. But, at the present time, I cannot do this.

Verses 32-35
This is a wonderful passage. Job wanted someone, like a lawyer, to help him to speak to God.
 Jesus is God (Hebrews 1:3).
But he became a man (Hebrews 2:14).
He suffered like us (Hebrews 2:18).
He is the great priest who helps us to meet God (Hebrews 4:15-16).
Job lived centuries before Jesus was born. But even while Job was suffering, God was teaching Job about Jesus’ work.
The books of the Bible are not the result of the authors’ imagination. God showed them these things by his Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:20-21).
 
Keith Simons