And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Job Simplified- Chapter 23

Chapter 23
Behold, I go forward, but he is not there;
 and backward, but I cannot perceive him:
Job 23:8
Job speaks again
Job wants to discuss his troubles with God
v1 Job answered. He said:
v2 Even today, I still complain. I am miserable. God still punishes me, although I protest. v3 I would like to find God. I would like to go to his court. v4 I would explain my situation to him. I would reason with him. v5 I would discover his explanation. I would think about his words. v6 I do not suppose that he would oppose me. He would listen to me. v7 In that place, a good man can explain his problems to God. So, God would always rescue me from my punishment.
v8 But I cannot go to God. I cannot find him in the east or in the west. v9 I cannot see him when he works in the north. And I do not know when he begins to work in the south.
 
Verse 1
Job’s final speech begins here. It continues to the end of chapter 31. Bildad interrupts briefly in chapter 25. Some people think that there are other interruptions too.
Verses 3-5
In Job’s society, if somebody needed help, that person would go to the judge’s court. The person would explain their problems to the judge. The judge might not only act as judge, but also as the policeman. So he would be an important man, and everybody would respect his judgment.
Job was confident that God is a fair judge. Job could not explain why God seemed to be punishing him. But Job knew that God’s answer would be right.
Verses 8-9
God is not like a human judge, whom Job could visit. God rules heaven and earth. He works everywhere (Psalm 139:7-10). And nobody can control him
(John 3:8).
 
Job trusts God
v10 But God knows where I am. God knows my actions. He tests me, so that I will be like pure gold. v11 I choose to live in the way that God wants me to live. I refuse to do evil deeds. v12 I obey God’s law always. Each day, God’s words are more precious to me than bread.v13 But nobody is like God. And nobody can oppose God. God does whatever he wants to do. v14 He decides my fate. And he has many such plans for me. v15 So, I am worried about God. I think about these things. Then, I am afraid of God. v16 God made me weak. God frightens me. v17 But I will not be silent, even if I cannot see anything.
 
Verse 10
Job did not know where God was (verses 8-9). But God knew where Job was.
Verses 11-12
These are wonderful words. Job did not behave as Eliphaz supposed (Job 22:4-9).
Job’s attitudes were good. Job loved God’s law.
Verses 13-17
Job loved God. But Job was still worried.
Job did not need to be afraid.
 
Keith Simons