And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Saturday, June 24, 2017

The Reformation Simplified SERIES: "HERE I STAND"

Martin Luther
 Captive to the Word of God

Martin Luther (1483-1546) ....was the author of 400 titles, over 60,000 pages of original work. His bold stand, 31 October 1517, nailing The 95 Theses to the church door, launched the Great Reformation. On 18 April 1521, Martin Luther stood firm before the emperor of the Holy Roman Empire and the assembled princes, bishops and archbishops, who were intimidating him to recant his writings. Luther's courageous response: "Unless I am convinced by Scripture, or by clear reasoning, that I am in error for popes and councils have often erred and contradicted themselves I cannot recant, for I am subject to the Scriptures I have quoted; my conscience is captive to the Word of God. It is unsafe and dangerous to do anything against ones conscience. Here I stand. I cannot do otherwise. So help me God. Amen!" Luther inspired freedom of conscience, freedom of thought, freedom of religion, freedom of opinion, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, and Scripture alone as our ultimate authority. Luther smashed the chains of superstition and tyranny and restored Christian liberty to worship God in spirit and in truth.

 

RSA
And they that understand among the people shall instruct many:
             yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame,
by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
Daniel 11:33