And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Job Simplified- Chapter 33

Chapter 33
The Spirit of God hath made me,
and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.
Job 33:4

Elihu speaks to Job
v1 Now Job, listen to me! Listen to everything that I say! v2 Soon, I will begin my speech. I am now ready.
v3 My words will be honest. I will speak clearly the things that I know. v4 God’s Spirit made me. I live because God allows me to breathe.
v5 Answer me if you can! Prepare your reply! v6 I am a man like you. God made us both from the earth. v7 So do not be afraid of me. And I will not be cruel to you.
 v8 But Job, you spoke. And I heard your words.
v9 You said, ‘I am honest. I am not evil. I am innocent. v10 But God accuses me. God acts as if I am his enemy. v11 I am like a man in prison. And God watches everything that I do.’
v12 But you are not right. God is greater than we are. v13 Do not accuse God! Do not say that he
never answers our words. v14 God speaks in many different ways.
But we do not always hear him.
 
Verses 1-3
Elihu was ready to begin his speech. He would be sincere and honest. He was a good adviser.
Verse 4
In the original language, the word ‘spirit’ also means ‘breath’.
Verses 5-7
Job’s three friends acted as if they were wiser than Job. But Elihu was humble.
Elihu sympathized with Job.
Verses 8-11
Elihu did not repeat Job’s actual words. Instead, Elihu chose words that would emphasize Job’s main ideas. Job argued that he was innocent. And Job blamed God for Job’s troubles.
Verses 12-14
Job blamed God. And Job thought that God might never help him (Job 24:1).

God may speak to a man in a dream
v15 God may speak to a man in a dream. It is late, during the night. The man is asleep in bed. v16 Then, God speaks to him. Perhaps God frightens the man. God warns the man. v17 God tells the man to stop his evil behaviour. Such a man must not be proud. v18 So God will rescue that man from death. God will save that man from the sword of his enemy.
 
Verses 15-28
‘God speaks in many different ways. But we do not always hear him’ (verse 14).
Elihu used two stories to explain this idea.
The first story is in verses 15-18.
This sounds like Eliphaz’s strange dream (Job 4:12-21).
The second story sounds rather like Job’s life.
In both stories, the man was not expecting God to speak. But God had an important message for each man. Each man’s life or death depended on his reaction to God’s message.
Verses 15-18
This dream is like Eliphaz’s dream (Job 4:12-21). But there are important differences:
·     In Elihu’s story, God spoke by the dream. In Eliphaz’s dream, a strange spirit spoke.
·     In Elihu’s story, the message was that the dreamer himself must stop his evil behavior. But in Eliphaz’s dream, the message seemed to be that Job must stop his evil behavior.
Perhaps Eliphaz’s dream really was from God. Perhaps God was warning Eliphaz to stop his evil behavior. But Eliphaz had his own ideas.

God’s servant may rescue a man
v19 Or, another man might be ill in bed. His whole body is painful. v20 He even hates food. He refuses the best meals. v21 He is so thin that his bones stick out. v22 And he is almost dead.
v23 But a servant of God, who is one among thousands, speaks on behalf of the man. And the servant of God tells the man the things that are right for that man. v24 And the servant is kind to the man. So he says, ‘Save this man’s life. Someone else has paid on behalf of this man.’
v25 Then the man will be well again. His body is as strong as a young man. v26 The man prays, and God is kind to him. The man will see God’s face. And that man will shout for joy. So God will help the man to become a good man.
v27 The man will tell other people, ‘I was evil. But God did not punish me in the way that I deserved. v28 God saved me from death. I will live. And I am glad to be alive.’
v29 God does all these things. And he will do these things again. v30 And God does these things to save a man from death. Then that man will be glad that he is alive.
v31 Listen carefully, Job. Be silent! I will speak.
v32 Or, if you have anything to say, answer me! Speak! I want to prove that you are right. v33 But if you do not speak, then listen to me. If you are quiet, I will teach you about wisdom.
 
Verses 19-22
This man sounds like Job. But we are not sure, because of verse 27. The man in the story was evil. But Job was not evil.
Verses 23-24
This servant may be an angel. Angels are God’s special servants from heaven. But Elihu may be describing a person who brings God’s message.
This servant is very special. He is one among thousands. And he chooses to speak to God on behalf of the man. Job had spoken about such a servant (Job 9:32-35; Job 16:19-21). He described this servant as a lawyer or a friend.
This servant prays to God on behalf of the man. And the servant asks God to save the man’s life.
Verses 25-28
God has changed this man’s life. The man is grateful. He praises God. Job wanted to be like this man.
Verses 29-30
Job had argued that God never spoke to him (Job 30:20). But Eliphaz insisted that God had a message for Job.
Verses 31-33
Elihu was humble. If he was wrong, he wanted to hear Job’s reply. But if Elihu was right, then he wanted to continue. He had more wisdom that he wanted to teach to the other men.
 
Keith Simons