And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Job Simplified- Chapter 27

Chapter 27
For what is the hope of the hypocrite,
though he hath gained,
 when God taketh away his soul?
Job 27:8

Job continues his last speech
Job’s promise
v1 Job continued his speech.
v2 This is my promise:
·     I promise to God, because he lives. He is still my God, although he has not been fair to me. And he is my provider, although he has caused me to suffer.
·     v3 My promise will last for my whole life. My promise will continue while God allows me to breathe.
·     v4 I shall always speak the truth. I promise not to lie.
v5 My friends, I could never agree with your speeches. I must prove that I am innocent. And I will continue until I die. v6 I have chosen to do the right things. And I will continue to do the right things. For my whole life, my conscience will not upset me.

Verses 1-2
Job had suffered terrible troubles. And Job supposed that God caused these troubles. But Job still trusted God.
Verse 3
Job’s friends insisted that Job was suffering because of his evil deeds. Job argued that this was not true. Job was a genuine servant of God. Job loved God.
Verse 4
Chapters 27-31 are like the words of a man in a court.
In chapter 27, Job promised to speak the truth.
In chapter 29, he described his good behavior before the troubles began.
In chapter 31, he explained that he refused to do evil deeds.
In Job 23:1-7, Job explained that he wanted God to be his judge.
So in chapters 27-31 Job was speaking as if God was already his judge.
And Job was speaking as if he was already in God’s court.
Verses 5-6
Job was sure that he was innocent.

The fate of wicked men
v7 I wish that all my enemies suffered like wicked men. v8 When an evil man dies, he has no hope. v9 God does not listen to that man’s cry when such a man suffers. v10 That man does not receive any pleasure from God. That man does not pray constantly.
v11 I will teach you about God’s power. I will explain to you how God acts. v12 But you yourselves have seen these things. So, stop your foolish speeches!
v13 God has decided the fate of wicked men. He will give to an evil man the punishment that the man deserves. v14 The evil man may have many children. But they will die in a war. Or they will starve. v15 Or they will die because of illness. When they die, even their widows will not be sad.
v16 A wicked man may have piles of silver, like dust. And he may have piles of clothing too. v17 (But he will not enjoy his own possessions.) Good people will wear that man’s clothes. Innocent people will share his silver. v18 A wicked man’s life is like a house that he builds. But the building is weak. It is like an insect’s home, that the insect makes from silk. Or, the house is like a temporary shelter
that a workman makes.
v19 That wicked man will lose everything in a single night. When he lies down, he is wealthy. When he wakes, he owns nothing. v20 His troubles are as sudden as a flood. During the night, there is a terrible storm. v21 A powerful east wind blows. The wind forces that man to leave his home. v22 But his troubles continue. The wind does not stop. The man runs to escape from the power of the wind. v23 The wind is like his enemy, who claps to frighten the man away. And his enemy calls so that the man must leave his home.

Verses 7-9
In chapter 21, Job argued that God does not seem to punish wicked people. In Job 24:1, Job thought that he was waiting in vain for God to act as judge. But in chapter 27, Job was speaking as if he was already in God’s court. Job knew that God is a fair judge. So Job knew that God would punish wicked people.
Verse 10
Unlike wicked people, Job received pleasure from God (Job 23:12). Unlike wicked people, Job prayed often (Job 1:5).
Verses 11-12
In verse 12, Job recognized that his friends had already said such things. But their speeches were foolish because they were trying to accuse Job.
Verse 13
These words are like Zophar’s words in Job 20:29. And Job’s ideas in verses 14-22 are also similar to Zophar’s ideas in chapter 20.
Job argued with his friends. But the friends were right about many things. For example, God will punish wicked people And, everyone should confess their evil deeds to God.
Verses 14-15
Perhaps Job thought that these children would be as evil as their father. Or perhaps Job thought that the children would suffer because of their father’s evil deeds.
Verses 16-17
When the wicked man dies, other people will receive his possessions. It is as if God is storing these possessions to give to other people.
Verse 18
In other words, the wicked man might seem powerful. But his life is weak. He can die in a moment (Matthew 7:26-27; Luke 12:16-20).
Verses 19-23
In Job 3:16-19, Job thought that death is like sleep.
 

Keith Simons