And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Monday, June 12, 2017

Job Simplified- Chapter 17

Chapter 17
My days are past, my purposes are broken off,
even the thoughts of my heart.
Job 17:11
 
Job continues his reply to Eliphaz
v1 My spirit suffers. My life is short. Soon, I must die. v2 Everybody insults me. And I watch their cruel actions.

Verses 1-2
Job thought that he was dying. His friends were with him. But they did not speak kind words to him. Instead, they accused him of many evil deeds.
 
Job prays
v3 God, promise to be fair to me! Nobody else will protect me. v4 You have caused the people not to know the truth. So, you will not allow them to succeed. v5 Nobody should oppose his friends for a reward. Even the children of such a person deserve to suffer.
 
Verse 3
Job’s friends could not help Job. And Job thought that God was attacking him (Job 16:9-14). But Job still respected God. And Job still trusted God.
Verse 4
Job’s friends did not know that Job was innocent.
Verse 5
Job was right to say that such a person is very evil. But we do not believe that the person’s children should suffer. Each person is responsible for his own evil deeds. (See Ezekiel chapter 18.) So each person must confess his own evil deeds to God. And each person must invite Jesus into his life (John 1:12; John 3:18).
 
Job suffers
v6 When people curse, they use my name. They spit at me. (That is, they splash me with water from their mouths.) v7 My eyes are weak because of my tears. My whole body seems as weak as a shadow.
v8 Good people are surprised to see this. But my troubles cause innocent people to act against evil people. v9 Good men continue their good behaviour. And innocent people become stronger and
stronger.
v10 But speak again! Try to prove that I am guilty! And I will prove that you are not wise.
v11 My life is short. My plans have failed. And I have no hope.
v12 These men (Job’s friends) pretend that the night is the day. It is so dark. But they say, ‘The light will come soon.’
v13 But my grave will become the home for my body. I will be like someone who sleeps in the darkness. v14 My family will not surround my body. Instead, the tiny animals that destroy dead bodies will surround me. v15 I have no hopes for the future. You can see that my situation is hopeless. v16 There is no hope for a dead man. So, my body will lie, without hope, in my grave.
 
Verses 6-7
Job was innocent, but he suffered greatly.
Jesus was also innocent, and he too suffered greatly.
Verse 8-10
As Job spoke about other good people, he himself felt more confident. He was not afraid of his friends’ speeches.
Verses 11-12
 But Job’s troubles were real troubles.
Verse 13
Job expected to die soon.
Verses 14-16
Job knew what happens to dead bodies. And he thought that he was almost dead. He had no hope for the future. Job simply wanted to prove that he was innocent. He wanted to show that he did not deserve these troubles.
 
Keith Simons