And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Like Wasps

I know that my Redeemer liveth.
Job 19:25

"THE marrow of Job's comfort lies in that little word "My"—"My
Redeemer," and in the fact that the Redeemer lives. 

So a Redeemer who does not redeem me,
an avenger who will never stand up for my blood,
of what avail were such?

But there is also another word here, expressive of Job's strong confidence, "I know." 

*Ifs,
*buts,
*and perhapses,
are sure murderers of peace and comfort. Doubts are dreary things in times of sorrow.
Like wasps they sting the soul!

If I have any suspicion that Christ is not mine,
then there is vinegar mingled with the gall of death;
but if I know that Jesus lives for me,
then darkness is not dark:
even the night is light about me.

Surely if Job, in those ages before the coming and advent of Christ, could say, "I know," we should not speak less positively.

 A living Redeemer, truly mine, is joy unspeakable."
Charles Spurgeon