And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Sunday, April 16, 2017

It Is Well with My Soul

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding,
shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7

"The beloved hymn “It Is Well with My Soul” has been a source of much comfort to many. The hymn was written in memory of the author’s four precious daughters who had just perished in a shipwreck and his wife barely rescued. Through it all, the couple maintained faith in their sovereign God and could say through their tears:
When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.


Our Lord has not promised us a life of ease, free from heartache and tragedy, but He has promised to be with us. “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me” (Psalm 23:4).
God’s promise of provision to Israel applies, in principle, to us. “Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Savior” (Isaiah 43:1-3). We can be content, whatever comes, knowing He is with us.
The prerequisite for the “peace of God, which passeth all understanding” promised in our text is that we be anxious “for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God” (Philippians 4:6). “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee” (Isaiah 26:3)." JDM