And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Spurgeon: Psalm 50:15,16

"Verse 15.
And call upon me in the day of trouble.
Oh blessed verse! .... herein is love proved, for in the hour of peril we fly to those we love.

This is a voice from the throne, and how full of mercy it is!
It is very tempestuous round about Jehovah, and yet what soft drops of mercy's rain drop from the bosom of the storm! 
Its very spirit and essence breathes like frankincense all around this holy Psalm.

I will deliver thee.
This promise is very large, and may refer both to temporal and eternal deliverances; faith can turn it every way, like the sword of the cherubim.

And thou shalt glorify me.
Thy prayer will honor me, and thy grateful perception of my answering mercy will also glorify me. The goats and bullocks would prove a failure, but the true sacrifice never could. .... Spiritual worship is the great, the essential matter; all else without it is rather provoking than pleasing to God.

Verse 16.
But unto the wicked God saith.
To the breakers of the second table he now addresses himself;
he had previously spoken to the neglectors of the first.

What hast thou to do to declare my statutes?
You violate openly my moral law, and yet are great sticklers for my ceremonial commands! What have you to do with them? ... Do you dare to teach my law to others, and profane it yourselves?
*Even if you claim to be sons of Levi, what of that?
-Your wickedness disqualifies you,
-disinherits you,
-puts you out of the succession.

Or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth.
Ye talk of being in covenant with me, and yet trample my holiness beneath you feet as swine trample upon pearls..."
Charles Spurgeon