And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Monday, December 15, 2014

Philemon: Typifying Attributes

The Book of Philemon
Hearing of thy love and faith,
which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus,
and toward all saints;
v.5
Picture Paul (typifying Christ)
Picture Philemon (typifying God) 
Picture Onesimus, the runaway slave (typifying us)
I rather beseech thee,
being such an one as Paul the aged,
v.9
 
***********************************************
Paul intercedes on behalf of runaway slave
I beseech thee for my son Onesimus,
whom I have begotten in my bonds:
v.10

Paul asks Philemon to treat Onesimus as himself
If thou count me therefore a partner,
receive him as myself.
v.17

The series of events may work out for the good
For perhaps he therefore departed for a season,
 that thou shouldest receive him for ever;
v.15

Paul will pay the price
If he hath wronged thee, or oweth thee ought,
put that on mine account;
I Paul have written it with mine own hand,
 I will repay it:
v.18,19
Justified in his sight
Not now as a servant, but above a servant,
a brother beloved, specially to me, but how much more unto thee,
v.16

Paul will join Philemon shortly
But withal prepare me also a lodging:
v.22


Summary:
Your love has given me much joy and comfort,
my brother,
for your kindness has often refreshed the hearts of God’s people.
v.7