And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Sunday, August 5, 2012

1 Corinthians 5 Worked - A Walk through 2 Corinthians 7


1  Corinthians 5 had an impact on the Church at Corinth;
Paul rejoices over their response to it in 2 Cornthians 7
A Walk Through 2 Corinthians 7
verse 1 - KJV
Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved,
let us cleanseourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit,
perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
verse 2 - NKJV
    Open your hearts to us.
We have wronged no one,
we have corrupted no one,
we have cheated no one.
verse 3 - CEB
I'm not saying this to make you feel guilty.
I've already said that you are in our hearts so that we die and live together with you.
verse 4 - HCS
I have great confidence in you;
I have great pride in you.
I am filled with encouragement;
I am overcome with joy in all our afflictions.
verse 5 - GNT
Even after we arrived in Macedonia, we did not have any rest.
There were troubles everywhere,
quarrels with others, fears in our hearts.
verse 6 - NAS
But God,
who comforts the depressed,
comforted us by the coming of Titus
verse 7 -  NLT
His presence was a joy,
but so was the news he brought of the encouragement he received from you.
When he told me how much you were looking forward to my visit,
and how sorry you were about what had happened,
and how loyal your love is for me, I was filled with joy!
verse 8 - GWT
    If my letter made you uncomfortable, I'm not sorry.
But since my letter did make you uncomfortable for a while, I was sorry.
verse 9 -  NIV
-yet now I am happy,
not because you were made sorry, but because your sorrow led you to repentance.
For you became sorrowful as God intended and so were not harmed in any way by us.  
verse 10 - CJB 
Pain handled in God's way produces a turning from sin to God which leads to salvation, and there is nothing to regret in that!
But pain handled in the world's way produces only death.  
verse 11 - CEB
Look at what this very experience of godly sadness has produced in you:
such enthusiasm,
what a desire to clear yourselves of blame,
such indignation, what fear, what purpose, such concern, what justice!
In everything you have shown yourselves to be innocent in the matter.  
verse 12 -  HCS
So even though I wrote to you, it was not because of the one who did wrong,
or because of the one who was wronged,
but in order that your diligence for us might be made plain to you in the sight of God.
verse 13 - NLT
We have been encouraged by this.
In addition to our own encouragement,
we were especially delighted to see how happy Titus was
at the way you welcomed him and set his mind at ease.  
verse 14 -  RSV
    For if I have expressed to him some pride in you, I was not put to shame;
but just as everything we said to you was true,
so our boasting before Titus has proved true. 
verse 15 -  NIV 
And his affection for you is all the greater when he remembers that you were all obedient,
 receiving him with fear and trembling.
verse 16 - KJV
    I rejoice therefore that I have confidence in you in all things.