And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Psalm 38: Remember Me Lord

Psalm 38: 
 For I will declare mine iniquity; 
I will be sorry for my sin.
Vs.18
 
"Some debate as to whether the details (of verse 1-8), should be taken literally, and thus as a reference to a physical illness, or figuratively, making them a vivid picture of psychological and moral distress. 
 
The detail and length of the description, as well as its personal nature seem to point to some serious disease from which David is suffering as he writes. 
In addition to the physical malady, David has been deserted by his friends and threatened by his foes (verses 12-13). His only hope is to trust in the Lord (verses 14-16), to whom he presents his lament (verses 17-20), and his petition (verses 21-22).

Organizationally, David’s opening and closing prayers (in Psalm 38), relate to two onslaughts by enemies.

 

Introductory Prayer (38:1-2). 

O LORD, rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. Vs.1
First Onslaught: The Enemy Within (38:3-10).
For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. Vs.4 
Second Onslaught: Enemies Without (38:11-20)
My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off. They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long. Vs.11,12
Concluding Prayers (38:21-22).
Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me. Vs.21
  Title: “To bring to remembrance”: Literally “To cause to remember”.
BooksOfTheBible 
There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.
Vs.3