And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

23rd Psalm Series - verse 1

Verse 1. The Lord is my shepherd.

What condescension is this, that the infinite Lord assumes towards his people the office and character of a Shepherd!

 David had himself been a keeper of sheep, and understood both the needs of the sheep and the many cares of a shepherd.
 
He compares himself to a creature
*weak,
*defenceless,
*and foolish.

The Lord is my shepherd; if he be a Shepherd to no one else, he is a Shepherd to me;
*he cares for me,
*watches over me,
*and preserves me.
The words are in the present tense. Whatever be the believer's position, he is even now under the pastoral care of Jehovah.

The next words are a sort of inference from the first statement -- they are sententious and positive -- I shall not want.

I might want otherwise, but when the Lord is my Shepherd he is able to supply my needs,...The wicked always want, but the righteous never; a sinner's heart is far from satisfaction, but a gracious spirit dwells in the palace of content.
Charles Spurgeon