And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Friday, August 11, 2017

Practical Lesson of Enoch

...watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is.
Mark 13:33
"We must educate ourselves to be thinking and dwelling upon the great scenes of the judgment just before us and then, as we keep the scenes of the great day of God before us when everything will be revealed, it will have an effect upon our character.

One brother said to me, "Sister White, do you think the Lord will come in ten
years?"

"What difference does it make to you whether He shall come in two, four, or ten years?"

"Why," said he, "I think I would do differently in some things than I now do if I knew the Lord was to come in ten years."

"What would you do?" said I.

"Why," said he, "I would sell my property and begin to search the Word of God and try to warn the people and get them to prepare for His coming, and I would plead with God that I might be ready to meet Him."

 Then said I, "If you knew that the Lord was not coming for twenty years, you would live differently?"

 Said he, "I think I would.". . .

 How selfish was the expression that he would live a different life if he knew his Lord was to come in ten years! Why, Enoch walked with God 300 years. This is a lesson for us that we shall walk with God every day, and we are not safe unless we are waiting and watching.'"
--Ms 10, 1886. E.G.W.