And he marvelled because of their unbelief.
Mark 6:6"The top 10 most "post-Christian" cities in America, where residents are least likely to believe in God, or say that the Bible and Jesus are perfect, have been ranked in a study by Barna Group.
Eight of the most post-Christian cities are in the Northeast with Portland-Auburn, Maine, topping the list, according to Barna's report Tuesday.
In order to qualify as "post-Christian," respondents in the cities had to meet nine or more identifying factors from a set list. The list included categories such as "Do not believe in God," "identify as atheist or agnostic," "have never made a commitment to Jesus," "have not prayed to God (in the last week)," "agree that Jesus committed sins," and "disagree the Bible is accurate," among others.
Barna explained that the type of questions it used went beyond simply asking people to check a box for whether they are Christian or not, and delved into the core of what they actually believe.
Barna included a top 100 ranking of such cities, with the top 10 listed as follows:
- Portland-Auburn, ME (57 percent)
- Boston, MA-Manchester, NH (56 percent)
- Albany-Schenectady-Troy, NY (54 percent)
- Providence, RI-New Bedford, MA (53 percent)
- Burlington, VT-Plattsburgh, NY (53 percent)
- Hartford-New Haven, CT (52 percent)
- New York, NY (51 percent)
- San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, CA (50 percent)
- Seattle-Tacoma (50 percent)
- Buffalo, NY (50 percent)" CP