And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Psalms/Songs in the Night

"There are times in the life of a believer when he seems about to sink under great avalanches of trouble and sorrow. But then "I call to remembrance my song in the night" (Psalm 77:6), and God answers once again.

The very first psalm, for example, notes the conflict of the
righteous with the ungodly, but promises that "the way of the ungodly shall perish" (v.6).

The second psalm foretells the final rebellion of the heathen against God and His anointed, but assures us that God will "vex them in His sore displeasure" (vv.2,5).

In Psalm 3, the believer says: "Many are they that rise up against me." But then he remembers that "Salvation belongeth unto the Lord" (vv.1,8).

He cries in Psalm 4: "Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer" (v.1).

In Psalm 5, immediately after the first imprecation in the psalms ("cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions") occurs the first specific mention of singing in the book of Psalms: "Let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout [literally `sing'] for joy, because thou defendest them" (vv.10-11).
 
Jesus and His disciples sang a psalm, even as they went out into the night of His betrayal (Mark 14:26). This is His gracious promise: "Ye shall have a song, as in the night. . . . And the Lord shall cause His glorious voice to be heard" (Isaiah 30:29-30)." HMM