And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Monday, July 25, 2016

That horrible trinity of.....

He left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out.
  Genesis 39:12
 
"In contending with certain sins there remains no mode of victory but by flight. 
 
 A covenant must be made with our eyes not even to look upon the
cause of temptation, for such sins only need a spark to begin with and a blaze follows in an instant.
 
Who would wantonly enter the leper's prison and sleep amid its horrible corruption? He only who desires to be leprous himself would thus court contagion.
 
If the mariner knew how to avoid a storm, he would do anything rather than run the risk of weathering it. 
 
 The wings of a dove may be of more use to me to-day than the jaws of a lion.
 
It is true I may be an apparent loser by declining evil company, but I had better leave my cloak than lose my character; it is not needful that I should be rich, but it is imperative upon me to be pure.
 
The devil I am to resist and he will flee from me, but the lusts of the flesh, I must flee, or they will surely overcome me. 
 
 May the horrible trinity of the world,
the flesh,
and the devil,
never overcome us!"
Charles Spurgeon