And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Saturday, September 12, 2020

PSALM 28: Toward the "Holy Oracle" {Holy of Holies}

Psalm 28:
 Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock;
 be not silent to me:
 lest, if thou be silent to me,
I become like them that go down into the pit.
vs.1

"Psalm 28 is another prayer by David for deliverance, one of many which he prayed when pursued by one enemy or another.
It contains a petition both for deliverance (verses 1-3), and for divine retribution (verses 4-5), before suddenly shifting to an unshakable tone of thanksgiving for the anticipated answer (verses 6-9).

First Cycle: Individual in Outlook, and Terminates in Praise (28:1-7)
..and with my song will I praise him. vs.7
His Personal Crisis (28:1-5b)
Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity... vs.3
His Personal Confidence (28:5c-7)
Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. vs.6
Second Cycle: Corporate in Outlook, and Terminates in Prayer (28:8-9)
His Reassurance in the Light of Corporate Confidence (28:8)
..., and he is the saving strength of his anointed. vs.8
His Request in the Face of Corporate Crisis (28:9)
Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever. vs.9

When I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle”: The Holy of Holies, in the tabernacle and in the temple. Which was sometimes so called (1 Kings 6:23; compare with 2 Chron. 3:10).
Where were the Ark, the mercy seat, and cherubim, between which the Lord dwelt, and gave responses to his people."
BooksOfTheBible
Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee,
 when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.
vs.2