And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Sunday, August 15, 2021

PSALM 39: The Brevity of Life

Psalm 39: 
LORD, 
make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, 
what it is; that I may know how frail I am.
Vs.4
 
Jeduthun” (superscription), was probably Ethan, the well-known director of the temple choir (see 1 Chron. 6:31-48). 
The psalm is composed of three key parts. 
First, the psalmist suppresses his complaint to God until he can contain it no longer (verses 1-3). 
Second, when he can contain himself no more, he utters his cry of distress, centering in the innate frailty of man which he feels at present so acutely (verses 4-11). 
Finally, he presents his petition to God, who will certainly regard his tears and spare him (verses 12-13).

In this intense lament, David will break his initial silence with two rounds of requests and reflections about the brevity and burdens of life.


I.       Introduction: David’s Silence (39:1-3).

 I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me. Vs.1

II.      Round One: The Brevity and Burdens of Life (39:4-6).

A.  His Request for Perspective (39:4);

 LORD, make me to know mine end,.. Vs.4

B.   His Reflections on Perspective (39:5-6).

 ...verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity.Vs.6

III.     Round Two: The Brevity and Burdens of Life (39:7-13).

A.  His Reflection on Hope (39:7);

 And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee. Vs.7

B.   His Requests and Reflections on Providence (39:8-11);

 Deliver me from all my transgressions... Vs.8

C.   His Requests for Relief (39:12-13).

 O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more. Vs.13

Title: “To Jeduthun”: This is most likely a specifically designated worship director."
BooksOfTheBible 
 When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity,
 thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: 
surely every man is vanity. 
Vs.11