And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

1 CORINTHIANS 13 SERIES - Verse 11

  Commentary of Charles Spurgeon, Adam Clarke & Matthew Henry
 
When I was a child, 

I spake as a child, 
I understood as a child,
I thought as a child: 
but when I became a man, 
I put away childish things.
Vs.11 
 
--The present state is a state of childhood, 
--the future that of manhood:  
 
When I was a child, I spoke as a child (that is, as some think, spoke with tongues), I understood as a child; ephronounsapiebam (that is, "I prophesied, I was taught the mysteries of the kingdom of
heaven, in such an extraordinary way as manifested I was not out of my childish state
"), I thought, or reasoned, elogizomeµn, as a child; but, when I became a man, I put away childish things. 
Such is the difference between earth and heaven. 
 
When I was a child - This future state of blessedness is as far beyond the utmost perfection that can be attained in this world, as our adult state of Christianity is above our state of natural infancy, in which we understand only as children understand; speak only a few broken articulate words, and reason only as children reason; having few ideas, little knowledge but what may be called mere instinct, and that much less perfect than the instinct of the brute creation; and having no experience. But when we became men-adults, having gained much knowledge of men and things, we spoke and reasoned more correctly, having left off all the manners and habits of our childhood.
 
What narrow views, what confused and indistinct notions of things, have children, in comparison of grown men! ....As our spiritual growth shall increase, we shall not want these childish things.
 
 We shall despise our childish folly, in priding ourselves in such things when we are grown up to men in Christ.