And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Monday, September 18, 2017

73rd Psalm Breakdown Series: 2

But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.
Psalm 73:2

"Verse 2.
Here begins the narrative of a great soul battle,

a spiritual Marathon,
a hard and well fought field,
in which the half defeated became in the end wholly victorious.

But as for me. He contrasts himself with his God who is ever good; he owns his personal want of good, and then also compares himself with the clean in heart, and goes on to confess his defilement.

The Lord is good to his saints, but as for me, am I one of them? Can I expect to share his grace? Yes.

Errors of heart and head soon affect the conduct.
There is an intimate connection between the heart and the feet.

Asaph could barely stand, his uprightness was going, his knees were bowing like a falling wall.
My steps had well nigh slipped. Asaph could make no progress in the good road, his feet ran away from under him like those of a man on a sheet of ice.
 How ought we to watch the inner man, since it has so forcible an effect upon the outward character. The confession in this case is, as it should be, very plain and explicit."
Charles Spurgeon