And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Saturday, October 24, 2020

PSALM 35: 3 Cycles of Being Falsely Accused

 Psalm 35: 
 Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: 
fight against them that fight against me.
vs.1
 
"This cry of distress is the petition of a man falsely accused
It may well date from the time when David was being pursued by Saul. 
The psalm naturally divides itself into three parts, each ending with a note of hope: 
petition for deliverance (verses 1-10), 
expression of lament (verses 11-18), 
and renewed petition (verses 19-28). 
David’s motives are not for revenge; he had opportunities to kill Saul but did not. Rather, it is a plea for God’s righteous judgment. 
 
First Cycle: The Attacks He Was Experiencing (35:1-10).
For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have digged for my soul. vs.7

Second Cycle: The Perjury He Was Experiencing (35:11-18).
a-  He Prays that God Would Examine the Evidence (35:11-16);
False witnesses did rise up; they laid to my charge things that I knew not. vs.11
b-  He Prays that God Would Act without Delay (35:17);
Lord, how long wilt thou look on? rescue my soul from their destructions, vs.17
c-  He Pledges Praise (35:18).
I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: vs.18
 
Third Cycle: The Mockery He Was Anticipating (35:19-28).
a-  He Prays for Judgment concerning Them (35:19-21);
... neither let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause. vs.19
b-  He Prays for Justice concerning Himself (35:22-26);
..awake to my judgment, even unto my cause, my God and my Lord. vs.23
c-  He Pledges Praise (35:27-28).
And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long. vs.28"
BooksOfTheBible
 
Let them be as chaff before the wind: 
and let the angel of the LORD chase them.
Let their way be dark and slippery: 
and let the angel of the LORD persecute them.
vs.5,6