And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

PSALM 27: One Thing Desired

Psalm 27:
When thou saidst,
Seek ye my face;
my heart said unto thee,
Thy face, LORD, will I seek.
vs.8
Listen to Psalm 27 [Link Below]

"Psalm 27 is structured so that the psalmist’s expressions of confident trust include his prayer for deliverance.
 This psalm is characterized by strong contrasts such as
lament and laud;
persecution and praise;
warfare and worship.
 
In Psalm 27, the psalmist, in the presence of his Lord, engages in 3 conversations which help him balance the ups and downs of real life.
 
I.    He Converses with Himself about Privileges (27:1-6);
For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion:..he shall set me up upon a rock. vs.5
II.   He Converses with the Lord about Problems (27:7-12);
.. for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. vs.12
III.   He Converses with Himself about Perseverance (27:13-14).
I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. vs.13
 
Here is,
I. The courage and holy bravery of his faith (v. 1-3).
II. The complacency he took in communion with God and the benefit he experienced by it (v. 4-6). III. His desire towards God, and his favor and grace (v. 7-9, 11, 12).
IV. His expectations from God (v. 10, 13, 14).
 
And let our hearts be thus affected in singing this psalm.
Verse 11. Teach me thy way, O Lord. He does not pray to be indulged with his own way, but to be informed as to the path in which the righteous Jehovah would have him walk.
This prayer evinces an humble sense of 
 personal ignorance,
great teachableness of spirit,
and cheerful obedience of heart.
Lead me in a plain path. Help is here sought as well as direction; we not only need a map of the way, but a guide to assist us in the journey."
 
One Thing Have I Desired (Psalm 27) Performed by the Maranatha Singers [Link Below]
One thing have I desired of the LORD,
that will I seek after;
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to behold the beauty of the LORD,
and to enquire in his temple.
vs.4
BooksOfTheBible/CharlesSpurgeon/MatthewHenry