And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Saturday, September 15, 2018

PSALM 30: A Psalm of the First Fruits

Psalm 30:
...weeping may endure for a night,
but joy cometh in the morning.
vs.5
 
"The words “house of David” in the superscription are intended to record the occasion of the psalm’s writing, but may point to either the dedication of David’s palace (2 Sam. 5:11), or the dedication of the threshing floor of Araunah (or Ornan), the site of the future temple (2 Sam. 24:18:25; 1 Chron. 21:18-30).

In later Judaism, the psalm was used in the celebration of Hanukkah and at the presentation of firstfruits


The psalmist’s beginning and ending pledges to praise provide structure for his prayers and testimonies.

I.       His Beginning Pledge of Praise (30:1a).

I will extol thee, O LORD; vs.1
II.      His Look Back upon Historic Prayers and Testimonies (30:1b-9).

I cried to thee, O LORD; vs.8
A.  His Individual Remembrance (30:1b-3);

I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. vs.2
B.   His Public Reminders (30:4-5);

... give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. vs.4
C.   His Individual Reflections (30:6-9).

What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? vs.9
III.     His Look Ahead to Continuing Prayers and Testimonies (30:10-12a).

To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. vs.12
IV.    His Concluding Pledge of Praise (30:12b).

O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever. vs.12
Title: The first and last parts of this title, i.e., “A Psalm … of David”, are common notations in the superscriptions of many psalms.

 But if God, in wisdom and justice, turn from us, it will be the greatest folly if we turn from him. No; let us learn to pray in the dark.
 

And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved. vs.6
Throughout this Psalm there are indications that David had been greatly afflicted, both personally and relatively, after having, in his presumption, fancied himself secure. When God's children prosper one way, they are generally tried another, for few of us can bear unmingled prosperity.
 
God's saints in heaven sing to him;
why should not those on earth do the same?
Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing:
thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; vs.11
BooksOfTheBible/MatthewHenry/CharlesSpurgeon