And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Monday, March 25, 2024

Kiss of Betrayal

Betrayest thou the Son of Man with a kiss?
Luke 22:48

"The kisses of an enemy are deceitful. 
--Let me be on my guard when the world puts on a loving face, for it
will, if possible, betray me as it did my Master, with a kiss. 
--Whenever a man is about to stab religion, he usually professes very great reverence for it. Let me beware of the sleek-faced hypocrisy which is armor-bearer to heresy and infidelity

The young man, void of understanding, was led astray by the kiss of the strange woman: may my soul be so graciously instructed all this day, that "the much fair speech" of the world may have no effect upon me. Holy Spirit, let me not, a poor frail son of man, be betrayed with a kiss!

Q: But what if I should be guilty of the same accursed sin as Judas, that son of perdition? 
--I have been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus; 
--I am a member of his visible Church; 
--I sit at the communion table: 
all these are so many kisses of my lips

O God, forbid that I should be a high-soaring professor, and then fall at last into the lake of fire, because I betrayed my Master with a kiss.
Charles Spurgeon