And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Monday, May 29, 2017

Job Simplified- Chapter 3

Chapter 3
For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me,
and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.
Job 3:25

Job’s first speech

Job regrets his own birth
v1 Afterwards, Job spoke. He regretted his own birth. v2 He said:
v3 I regret my own birth. I am sorry that I was ever born. v4 I would prefer if that day never existed. I would prefer if the sun never appeared on that day. I wish that God did not count that day. v5 I would prefer if a dense cloud had covered the sun. I would prefer if the daylight was darkness.
v6 (And I regret the night when my life began.) I would prefer if darkness destroyed that night. I would prefer if that night was not in the calendar. I wish that such a night did not belong in any month. v7 I am sorry that anyone’s life began on that night. I wish that no family were happy on that night.
v8 People should curse that day. They should curse it, if they waken a crocodile! (A crocodile is a very strong animal.) v9 I should not have seen the morning stars on that day. I should not have seen the dawn. I should not have seen the daylight. v10 I should have died on that day.
Then, I would have avoided my troubles.
 
Verses 1-2
Job’s friends waited for Job to speak. They waited for an entire week. At last, Job spoke. Job was not happy about his own birth. He felt as if his troubles began on that day.
Verses 3-5
Job wished that he had never lived. He imagined that the skies were dark on the day of his birth.
Jesus died on a day when the skies really were dark (Luke 23:44). That day was a terrible day. Jesus suffered for our evil deeds. Jesus was innocent. He suffered because we are guilty.
Verse 6
So Job then thought about the night when his parents came together. On that night, Job’s life began, so Job regretted that night also. Of course, every night belongs in the calendar. But Job did not want that date to be in the calendar. Job wished that he had never lived.
Verse 7
If that night never existed, no baby’s life could begin then. And Job would not be born. Job’s parents would not be glad about his birth.
Verse 8
Job was angry about the day when he was born. He wanted people to curse that day.
He did not care if they woke a crocodile!
A crocodile is a strong animal.
If you wake a crocodile, it will attack you!
The crocodile is like Satan.
Satan always accuses the people who trust God.
Satan wants to attack us.
Verses 9-10
People are glad to see light in the early morning. Then, they know that daylight is beginning. Then, their troubles in the night will not continue. Perhaps they were afraid during the night. But they would be safe during the daytime. But Job was not glad that he saw the light. He wished that he was dead.
 
Job’s Comments about death
v11 I would be happier:
·     if I died at birth;
·     v12 if my mother never looked after me;
·     if my mother’s breasts had no milk.
v13 (If I had died,) I would not suffer now. Instead, I would be lying down. And I would be like someone who sleeps. v14 I would rest, with the world’s great kings and advisers. Their great buildings are now heaps of stone. v15 Or, I would rest with the rulers who collected gold and silver.
v16 My mother should have buried my body in the earth. I would be like a child who was born dead.
v17 In their graves, wicked men do not cause trouble. And tired people rest. v18 Slaves are free. They hear no commands from their masters. v19 Everyone is there, whether that person was important or not. And nobody serves anyone else.
 
Verses 11-12
Job imagined that he had died as a child. Dead bodies seem to be asleep. And Job wished that he could sleep too.
Verse 13
Job thought that his body would sleep after his death.
Verses 14-15
These men worked hard.
They built palaces.
They led great armies.
They achieved many things.
But now, they must sleep.
Their palaces are heaps of stone.
Someone else owns their gold and silver now.
And their bodies lie near the body of a child whom nobody knew.
If we do not trust God, we waste our lives. Our greatest possessions will be worth nothing when we die. We will lose all our wealth on this earth. So we should live our lives to prepare for heaven.
Verses 17-19
In this world, some people are important. And other people are not important. But when they die, God will be the judge of everyone. And God will be fair to everyone (Revelation 20:12).
 
People whose lives are terrible
v20 I do not know how sad people continue to live. Their spirits suffer such bitter pain. v21 They want to die. But they are still alive. They would prefer to die, than to discover gold. v22 When, at last, they are dying, they are glad.
v23 I do not know what will happen to me. It is as if God has placed a hedge round me. v24 Food and water do not help me. Instead, I cry because of my pain. v25 I have suffered the most terrible troubles. The things that made me afraid have happened. v26 Instead of rest and quiet, I have trouble.
 
Verses 20-22
Job was able to sympathize with other people because of his own troubles. Job always cared about other people (Job 29:12-17). But now Job knew how they suffered.
Verse 23
The devil complained that God was protecting Job. The devil said that God was like a hedge round Job (Job 1:10).
Job was also aware of this. But Job did not realize that God was protecting him. Job was saying that his troubles were like a hedge round him. So Job could not escape from his troubles.
Verses 24-26
Job wanted rest and quiet. He even wanted to be dead, so that he could sleep. But instead,
he was always suffering.
Nothing seemed to help him.
And nothing comforted him.
 
Keith Simons