And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Monday, December 19, 2016

Response to a Universalist

A UNIVERSALIST is someone who believes that ALL, Universally, will be saved. This HERESY was at it's peak in the 1800's resulting in the formation of the Universalist Church. In the latter half of the 1900's they joined with the Unitarian Church.
This FALSE DOCTRINE has resurfaced recently on the theological left of Christendom by those who call themselves "progressives".
This is a response with the Word of God, point by point, to an article by Baptist minister Chuck Queen.

"First, I am a universalist because I need a believable God. I need a larger, bigger God than a God who separates humanity on the basis of beliefs or some other measure of judgment. If God judges people on the basis of this life alone, then God would not be a fair, just, loving, or believable God."
Dear Chuck -- For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
2 Corinthians 5:10

"Second, I am a universalist because it compels me to interpret and apply my sacred texts with a bias toward love. I was once a biblical inerrantist and was completely blind to my biases and the biases of the biblical writers. Now I can fully accept the imperfect humanity of the biblical authors and the limitations and biases we the readers bring to these texts. It is liberating to see biblical texts for what they are. Some are highly enlightened, potentially transforming, and expressive of the highest level of consciousness. Other texts are simply punitive, petty, and retributive, reflecting a much lower stage of consciousness."
Dear Chuck -- All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2 Timothy 3:16

"And this brings me to the third reason I am a universalist. My universalism compels me to be a better person–a more loving, compassionate, caring, merciful person."
Dear Chuck -- But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf;
Isaiah 64:6