And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Friday, January 29, 2021

The Dove Lesson

 The dove came in to him in the evening. Genesis 8:11

"The dove found no rest out of the ark, and therefore returned to it; --and my soul has learned yet more fully than ever, this day, that there is no satisfaction to be found in earthly things—God alone can give rest to my spirit. 

It was at the still hour, when the gates of the day were closing, that with weary wing the dove came back to the master: 

She could not endure to spend a night hovering over the restless waste, not can I bear to be even for another hour away from Jesus, the rest of my heart, the home of my spirit. She did not merely alight upon the roof of the ark, she "came in to him;" even so would my longing spirit look into 
the secret of the Lord
pierce to the interior of truth
enter into that which is within the veil
and reach to my Beloved. 
 
I note that the dove brought in her mouth an olive branch plucked off, the memorial of the past day, and a prophecy of the future. ....Yes, my Lord, I present Thee my grateful acknowledgments for tender mercies which have been new every morning and fresh every evening; and now, I pray Thee, put forth Thy hand and take Thy dove into Thy bosom." Charles Spurgeon