And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Saturday, March 16, 2019

SDA Issues - Walla Walla goes Cathlo-Feminist

Wherefore come out from among them,
and be ye separate, saith the Lord,
and touch not the unclean thing;
2 Corinthians 6:17

"On March 9 at 4 p.m. the Department of Music presented a choir and orchestra concert in the University Church featuring the
University Singers choir, I Cantori select choir, and the university symphony orchestra.
However, the “much more” came in the form of strange lyrics performed by I Cantori under the direction of Kraig Scott.  The congregation was hushed as a performance of the modern-day “23rd Psalm” began.   Here’s what was performed,

The 23rd Psalm     

The Lord is my Shepherd, I have all I need
She makes me lie down in green meadows
Beside the still waters, She will lead

She restores my soul, She rights my wrongs
She leads me in a path of good things
And fills my heart with songs

Even though I walk, through a dark and dreary land
There is nothing that can shake me
She has said She won't forsake me
I'm in her hand

She sets a table before me, in the presence of my foes
She anoints my head with oil
And my cup overflows

Surely, surely goodness and kindness will follow me
All the days of my life
And I will live in her house
Forever, forever and ever

Glory be to our Mother, and
Daughter
And to the Holy of Holies
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be
World, without end *
Not only has the sacred text been altered to accommodate the feminist culture of the day, at the end of the “Psalm” is an additional non-Biblical verse — a portion of the Catholic rosary prayer – the “Our Father.”
The final verse was also changed into “Our Mother, and Daughter and to the Holy of Holies”.   Traditionally repeated while doing the Rosary - on the chain (between the rosary beads), the lyrics concluded with “As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world, without end.”  Fulcrum 7
 
Walla Walla's Response:
"During winter quarter 2019 Walla Walla University’s select choir, I Cantori, performed The 23rd Psalm by Bobby McFerrin. The lyrics of this piece have generated some discussion among WWU constituents, primarily centered around the use of female pronouns in certain parts of the song,.... We affirm the sacredness of scripture, our commitment to the teachings of the Seventh-day Adventist church, and the importance of our ministry to provide Christian education for our students.
Recognizing the concerns of those who find McFerrin’s interpretation of Psalm 23 challenging, as well as the potential for misunderstanding about the context of the performance, the university has chosen not to perform this piece in the future."
WallaWallaWebsite
---wow---