And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

David & Goliath: Typology in the Great Controversy


--David (the shepherd of his father's sheep) was sent by his father to check on his brothers.
Then said Jesus unto them again,
Verily, verily, I say unto you,
 I am the door of the sheep.
John 10:7

--David was born in Bethlehem.
But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
Micah 5:2

--David refused to wear the human armor offered to him by Saul.
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler,
and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 18:2

--David played the role of the Champion of his people.
Like as the lion and the young lion roaring on his prey,
when a multitude of shepherds is called forth against him,
he will not be afraid of their voice,
nor abase himself for the noise of them:
so shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof.
Isaiah 31:4

--Goliath taunted him 40 days.
And the Philistine drew near morning and evening,
and presented himself forty days....And he was there in the wilderness forty days,
tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts;
1 Samuel 17:16/Mark 1:13

--How do you kill a Serpent?
Therefore David ran, and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him, and cut off his head therewith.
1 Samuel 17:51

* Saul was the first king of Israel just as Adam was given dominion originally of this earth. But like Saul, Adam lost his crown due to disobedience to Lucifer.
This is why during the Temptation of Christ, Lucifer was able to offer the kingdoms of the earth to Christ.
Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come...The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
Romans 5:14/1 Corinthians 15:45

David means "Beloved"
And lo a voice from heaven, saying,
 This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Matthew 3:17