And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

PSALM 141: 4 Prayers Combined into One

Psalm 141:
Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense;
and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
vs.2

"The occasion of this psalm may be stated generally as one of sore temptation, both internal (verses 3-4), and external (verses 9-10).
The fact that almost every verse contains the vocabulary of petition adds to the urgency of David’s request. Thus he prays for God’s attention (verses 1-2), for restraint (verses 3-7), and for refuge (verses 8-10).
 
 This psalm is comprised of 4 prayers that have been combined into one.
I.          Prayer for God’s Haste (141:1-2); 
LORD, I cry unto thee: make haste unto me; vs.1
II.         Prayer for Personal Righteousness (141:3-5);
Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. vs.3
III.       Prayer for Justice (141:6-7);
When their judges are overthrown in stony places, they shall hear my words; vs.6
IV.       Prayer for Deliverance (141:8-10).
Let the wicked fall into their own nets, whilst that I withal escape. vs.10
 Is any distressed? Let him pray; David did so, and had the comfort of it.
 David casts himself upon God, and depends upon him for deliverance: But my eyes are unto thee (v. 8)."
 
Incline not my heart to any evil thing,
 to practice wicked works with men that work iniquity:
and let me not eat of their dainties.
vs.4
BooksOfTheBible/MatthewHenry