And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Saturday, December 14, 2019

PSALM 18: He is MY ROCK

PSALM 18:
The sorrows of death compassed me,
and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid.
vs.4

"Psalm 18 is a royal song of thanksgiving that rehearses God’s deliverance of David from all his enemies. It appears to be a popular version of the song in (2 Sam. chapter 22).
The title “servant of the Lord” places David in an elite company, namely, that of Moses, Joshua, and the Messiah, who also bear the title.

Psalm 18 is clearly an individual psalm of thanksgiving, also bearing royal characteristics. 
Its poetry and theme resemble other ancient testimonies to God’s great historical deliverances.
Between David’s opening (verses 1-3), and closing (verses 46-50), praises to God, his life with the Lord is described in 3 stages.

I.       Prelude: His Opening Praises (18:1-3).

The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; vs.2
II.      The States of His Life (18:4-45).
A.  In the pit of Peril (18:4-19);
1.   His desperation (18:4-5);
The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me. vs.5
2.   His defender (18:6-15);
In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. vs.6
3.   His deliverance (18:16-19).
He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me. vs.17
B.   On a Course of Ethical Integrity (18:20-28).
1.   The principles of the Lord’s direction (18:20-26);
For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God. vs.21
2.   The privileges of the Lord’s direction (18:27-28).
For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. vs.28
C.   In the Turbulent Atmosphere of Leadership (18:29-45).
1.   Military leadership (18:29-42);
For thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me. Then did I beat them small as the dust before the wind: I did cast them out as the dirt in the streets. vs.39,42
2.   Theocratic leadership (18:43-45).
As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: vs.44
III.     Postscript: His Closing Praises (18:46-50).
The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted. vs.46
This large psalm bears a large title."
BooksOfTheBible
In my distress I called upon the LORD,
and cried unto my God:
he heard my voice out of his temple,
and my cry came before him,
even into his ears.
The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock;
vs.6,46