And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Friday, November 1, 2019

PSALM 101: The Perfect King

Psalm 101:
I will sing of mercy and judgment:
unto thee, O LORD, will I sing.
vs.1

"This psalm describes the perfect king.
It expresses David’s own aims but, at the same time, is a picture of Christ, his descendant, who will in fact fulfill this ideal picture.
--The ideal king sings to the Lord (verse 1),
--keeps his personal life pure (verses 2-4),
--and administers justice (verses 5-8).

 This Davidic psalm expresses the righteous commitments of the mediatorial king (David), to his eternal king (the Lord), in regard to:
(1)  His own personal life and;
(2)  The lives of those who inhabit the kingdom.
Possible, this psalm was used later at the coronations of future kings over Israel. Ultimately, only King Jesus would perfectly fulfill these holy resolutions.

I.          Personal Life of the King (vs.1-4).
I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. vs.2
II.         Personal Outcome of Kingdom Inhabitants (vs.5-8).
A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person. vs.4
A.  The Just (vs.6);
Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: vs.6
B.   The Unjust (vs.5, 7-8).
I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; vs.8
In this psalm, we have David declaring how he intended to regulate his household, and to govern his kingdom, that he might stop wickedness, and encourage godliness." BooksOfTheBible
O when wilt thou come unto me? vs.2