And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Psalm 139: David's Personal Psalm

Psalm 139:

O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
vs.1

"Certainly one of the grandest psalms in all of the Psalter, it is also one of the richest theologically.
It combines an
---exposition of the greatness of God’s character
---with the reality of human experience.

The omniscience of God is seen (in verses 1-6).
The omnipresence of God is seen (in verses 7-11).
The omnipotence of God is seen (in verses 12-16).
This intensely personal Davidic psalm expresses the psalmist’s awe that God knew him, even to the minutest detail.
 
The exact occasion is unknown.
I.          God’s Omniscience (139:1-6);
Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. vs.2
II.         God’s Omnipresence (139:7-12);
Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? vs.7
III.       God’s Omnipotence (139:13-18);
My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret,.. vs.15
IV.       David’s Obeisance (139:19-24).
Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? vs.21

"Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted [with] all my ways." vs.3
The Targum adds, "to study in the law.'' His walk in the daytime, and every step he took, and his lying down at night. It denotes his perfect knowledge of all his actions, day and night. He surrounds every path of man, that they cannot escape his knowledge." BooksOfTheBible

 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. vs.23,24