And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Monday, February 11, 2019

PSALM 26: 4 Intermingling Prayers

Psalm 26:
I will wash mine hands in innocency:
so will I compass thine altar, O LORD:
vs.6

"From the statements of the psalm itself we may easily deduce that David was being falsely accused.

Verses 1-12: Psalms 26, 27 and 28 mention the house, or sanctuary, of the Lord because public worship is the central interest. The form (of Psalm 26), is mixed, i.e., containing elements of declarations of innocence, prayer, and confidence.
Structurally, 4 intermingling prayers and proofs reveal the psalmist’s passion to worship the Lord in spirit and in truth.

I.       His Situation (26:1).
A.  His Prayer for Justice (26:1a);
Judge me, O LORD; vs.1
B.   His Proofs of Commitment (26:1b).
I have trusted also in the LORD; vs.1
II.      His Transparency (26:2-8).
A.  His Payer for Scrutiny (26:2);
Examine me, O LORD... vs.2
B.   His Proofs of Loyalty (26:3-8).
I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked. vs.5
III.     His Eschatological Outlook (26:9-11a).
A.  His Prayers for Final Favor (26:9);
Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men: vs.9
B.   His proofs of Measurable Difference (26:10-11a).
But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: vs.11
IV.    His Confidence (26:11b-12).
A.  His Prayers Show Confidence in the Person of God (26:11b);
...redeem me, and be merciful unto me. vs.11
B.   His Proofs Show Confidence in the Provision of God (26:12).
My foot standeth in an even place: vs.12
 Because David had consistently lived with “integrity” and “trusted” in God, he could call upon the Lord to deal with him according to God’s faithfulness, which is true vindication.
The Lord will do the same for those who trust in Him."
BooksOfTheBible
But as for me,
I will walk in mine integrity:
redeem me, and be merciful unto me.
vs.11