And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Sunday, September 22, 2013

#3: Last 7 sayings of Christ

#3
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee,
To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Luke 23:43
 
Time to sit for a moment at the foot of the cross and learn....


Luke 23:43 and misplaced commas


Spot the difference between these two phrases:
1. "Verily I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."
2. "Verily I say to you today, you will be with me in Paradise."
Exactly, the moving of the comma changes both the structure
and the meaning of the sentence.
 
The original Greek had no punctuation, so translators had to guess about where to place a comma. They decided on the common rendering of the text.
But they got it wrong. It should read: “Verily I say unto thee today, shalt thou be with me in paradise.” Jesus is saying, even though right now I don’t look like a king, I’m telling you right now that because you called me Lord and King, you’re going to be with me in heaven.
We know it’s a misplaced comma because Jesus didn’t go to heaven that day! Three days after that promise, Mary saw Jesus after His resurrection and grabbed hold of His ankles. He said, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father” (John 20:17). He could not have been in heaven on Friday! The Bible makes it clear that the thief did not go to heaven with Jesus Friday afternoon. JM & AmazingFacts