And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Sunday, November 6, 2022

PSALM 142: 3 C's of the Psalmist

 I looked on my right hand, and beheld, 
 but there was no man that would know me: 
refuge failed me; 
no man cared for my soul.
Vs. 4
 
"Psalm 142
As the superscription indicates, David’s distress this time is the dogged pursuit by his
enemies. 
When he was in the cave” could refer to the cave of Adullam (1 Sam. 22:1-2), or En-gedi (1 Sam. 24:1-7). 
After presenting his lament (verses 1-4), David lifts up his petition (verses 5-6), and promises his thanksgiving when God answers (verse 7).
       I.       Cry of David (142:1-2);
 I cried unto the LORD with my voice; vs.1
       II.      Circumstances of David (142:3-4);
When my spirit was overwhelmed within me... vs.3
       III.     Confidence of David (142:5-7).
Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: vs.7
Verses 1-2: David’s description of loneliness could be anyone’s: he is disoriented, deserted, depressed, and defeated."
BooksOfTheBible
 
Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low:
 deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.
Vs. 6