And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Sunday, November 6, 2022

PSALM 142: 3 C's of the Psalmist

 I looked on my right hand, and beheld, 
 but there was no man that would know me: 
refuge failed me; 
no man cared for my soul.
Vs. 4
 
"Psalm 142: 
As the superscription indicates, David’s distress this time is the dogged pursuit by his
enemies. 
“When he was in the cave” could refer to the cave of Adullam (1 Sam. 22:1-2), or En-gedi (1 Sam. 24:1-7). 
After presenting his lament (verses 1-4), David lifts up his petition (verses 5-6), and promises his thanksgiving when God answers (verse 7).
       I.       Cry of David (142:1-2);
 I cried unto the LORD with my voice; vs.1
       II.      Circumstances of David (142:3-4);
When my spirit was overwhelmed within me... vs.3
       III.     Confidence of David (142:5-7).
Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: vs.7
Verses 1-2: David’s description of loneliness could be anyone’s: he is disoriented, deserted, depressed, and defeated."
BooksOfTheBible
 
Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low:
 deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.
Vs. 6