And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Saturday, March 7, 2020

PSALM 102: Hear My Prayer.....

Psalm 102:
Hear my prayer,
O LORD,
and let my cry come unto thee.
vs.1

"Though the author of this psalm is anonymous, he speaks for the afflicted of all ages who must rely totally on God for relief.
The answer to the psalmist’s grief is not, in this case, direct divine intervention to alter his situation; rather, the psalmist’s own reflection on the unchanging nature of God in His dealing with men
soothes his troubled mind.

His only relief comes from refocusing on sovereign God and His eternal purposes. Messianic overtones are present (as Hebrews 1:10-12 quotes Psalm 102:25-26).
I.           A Pleas for Immediate Divine Help (102-1-11).
Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me... vs.2
II.        A Perspective of God’s Sovereignty and Eternality (102:12-22).
This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD. vs.18
III.       A Prayer for Longer Life (102:23-28).
I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations. vs.24
Verses 1-11: The whole word of God is of use to direct us in prayer; but here, is often elsewhere, the Holy Ghost has put words into our mouths.
Here is a prayer put into the hands of the afflicted; let them present it to God." BooksOfTheBible
For I have eaten ashes like bread,
and mingled my drink with weeping,...
My heart is smitten, and withered like grass;
so that I forget to eat my bread.
vs.4,9