And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Saturday, February 15, 2020

James White / 7 Churches SERIES: LAODICEA

 Laodicea signifies "the judging of the people," or according to Cruden, " a just people," and fitly represents believers in the last message in the great day of atonement, or judgment of the house of God, while the just and holy law of God is taken as their rule of life.

They are described as being neither hot nor cold.
---As a body they have not that zeal, devotion, and those good works which are taught in the Scriptures,
---and yet their efforts to keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus are such that they cannot be said to be cold.

They say they are rich and increased in goods, and have need of nothing. They say this, because they believe their condition in spiritual things, and their standing before God, is such. 
 But they are under a most terrible deception, as shown by the declaration, "and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked."
The words, "and knowest not," vindicate them from all charge of hypocrisy.
They honestly think their condition very good, when it is very bad. This is a period of dreadful deception in spiritual things, hence pointed testimony is called for to arouse the deceived to their real danger. The very climax of deception, in which Satan may most exult, is a spirit of fear for the result of the plain and pointed testimony.
---Christ stands at the door of the heart, knocking for admission; but spiritual blindness on the part of the lukewarm shuts him out. He pleads for admission, and promises those who will hear his voice, and open the door, that he will come in and sup with them, and they with him.
In this appeal, the Son of God uses most touching figures, which illustrate his matchless love for his people who are thrown upon the deceptive perils of the last days, and then closes his special message to them with a soul-inspiring promise of the highest exaltation: "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."
The seventh is the last church.
The number seven represents fullness, perfection, completion. There will be no eighth church to come out of the seventh, as taught by some restless fanatics.
The seventh church now existing, keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, will be purified and prepared to meet the Lord at his coming."
James White

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing;
and knowest not that thou art
wretched,
and miserable,
and poor,
and blind,
and naked:
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich;
and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear;
and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
As many as I love,
I rebuke and chasten:
be zealous therefore, and repent.
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Revelation 3:14-22