And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Saturday, August 17, 2019

PSALM 31: Cry of the Psalmist Heart

Psalm 31:
 Have mercy upon me,
O LORD,
for I am in trouble:
vs.9

Psalm 31: This psalm is uniquely composed of two rounds of lament (verses 1-6, 9-18), and praise (verses 7-8, 19-24).
Jeremiah frequently borrowed the phrase found (in verse 13), “fear was on every side” (Jer. 6:25; 20:10; 46:5; 49:29); and Jesus drew on the language (of verse 5), for His final words on the Cross (Luke 23:46).


This psalm contains more of David’s problems, prayers, and praises. David will again walk a road that takes him from anguish to assurance.
I.       The Originally Private Setting (31:1-18).
A.  His Testimony About Security and Salvation (31:1-5);
... be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. vs.2
B.   His Testimony about Discernment and Deliverance (31:6-8);
I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the LORD. vs.6
C.   His Testimony about Reproach and Relief (31:9-18).
I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbors..vs.11
II.      The Ultimately Public Setting (31:19-24).
A.  His Testimonies and Divine Exaltation (31:19-22);
Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; vs.19
B.   His Testimonies and Human Exhortation (31:23-24).
O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful... vs.23
 
This is the ground of the petitions which follow; or the reason why the psalmist thus appeals to God. It was his firm confidence in Him; in His character; in His promises; and in His ability to deliver Him in the time of danger."
BooksOfTheBible
For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing:
my strength faileth because of mine iniquity,
and my bones are consumed.
vs.10