And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Thursday, August 3, 2017

23rd Psalm Series - verse 4

Verse 4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

To walk indicates the steady advance of a soul which knows its road, knows its end, resolves to follow the path, feels quite safe, and is therefore perfectly calm and composed.

 
Some one has said that when there is a shadow
 there must be light somewhere,
and so there is.

I will fear no evil; as if even his fears, those shadows of evil, were gone for ever.
For thou art with me. This is the joy of the Christian!

Thy rod and thy staff, by which thou governest and rulest thy flock, the ensigns of thy sovereignty and of thy gracious care—they comfort me.
The rod of Jesse shall still be over me as the sovereign succour of my soul.
Charles Spurgeon