And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Friday, January 22, 2016

Amos Analysis 8:2

Walk through Amos, verse by verse, with the great Bible Commentaries of Matthew Henry (1662 - 1714) & Adam Clarke (1760 - 1832)

8:2

And he said, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A basket of summer fruit. Then said the LORD unto me, The end is come upon my people of Israel; I will not again pass by them any more. KJV
 
{And the Lord said, What seest thou, Amos? And I said, An hook of apples. And the Lord said to me,
The end is come on my people Israel; I shall no more put to, that I pass by him.} Wycliffe's Bible
 
A basket of summer fruit - קיץ כלוב kelub kayits, the end is come - הקץ בא ba hakkets : here is a paronomasia or play upon the words kayits, summer fruit, and kets, the end, both coming from similar roots. .
I will not again pass by them any more - I will be no longer their Guardian.That the year of God’s patience was drawing towards a conclusion; it was autumn with them, and their year would quickly have its period in a dismal winter.