And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Romans 1 SERIES: Vs.8-12

 Commentary of Charles Spurgeon, Adam Clarke & Matthew Henry
 
First, 
I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, 
that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. 
For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, 
that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers
Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you. 
For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.
Vs.8-12 

No wonder that they prospered so well when Paul always made mention of them in his prayers. Some churches would prosper better if some of you remembered them more in prayer

First, I thank my God. - It is good to begin every thing with blessing God, to make that the alpha and omega of every song, in every thing to give thanks.
 
I make mention of you. Though he had not particular acquaintance with them, nor interest in them, yet he prayed for them; not only for all saints in general, but he made express mention of them. It is not unfit sometimes to be express in our prayers for particular churches and places; not to inform God, but to affect ourselves. 
 
That I may impart unto you. - He received, that he might communicate.
 
Paul prayed about that matter, and we may pray about our journeys.