And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17

And the Spirit & the bride say, come.... Reveaaltion 22:17
And the Spirit & the bride say, come...Revelation 22:17 - May We One Day Bow Down In The DUST At HIS FEET ...... {click on blog TITLE at top to refresh page}---QUESTION: ...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? LUKE 18:8

Saturday, August 8, 2020

PSALM 16: The Golden Psalm

The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places;
yea, I have a goodly heritage.
vs.6

PSALM 16:
"The attitude of the righteous man is described in life (verses 1-8) and death (verses 9-11).
The only prayer of Psalm 16 comes in the first line.
The rest of the psalm consists of David’s weaving together his personal testimonies of trust in the Lord. In view of this, David’s opening prayer is bolstered by two cycles of testimony.
1)  David’s Introductory Prayer (16:1); Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust. vs.1
2)  David’s Testimony (16:2-11).

His testimony of Communion (16:2-4).
O my soul, thou hast said unto the LORD, Thou art my Lord: vs.2
Its divine dimension (16:2)
...my goodness extendeth not to thee; vs.2
It’s human dimension (16:3-4)
Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: vs.4
His Testimony of Confidence (16:5-11)
I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: vs.7
Its past and present dimensions (16:5-8)
The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. vs.5
Its present and future dimensions (16:9-11)
... my flesh also shall rest in hope. vs.9
A Michtam of David”: Compare Psalms 56, 57, 58, 59 and 60. In spite of many conjectures, this designation remains obscure. MICHTAM OF DAVID. This is usually understood to mean THE GOLDEN PSALM, and such a title is most appropriate, for the matter is as the most fine gold.
This psalm begins with expressions of devotion, which may be applied to Christ; but ends with such confidence of a resurrection, as must be applied to Christ, and to him only.
We are not left to human interpreters for the key to this golden mystery, for, speaking by the Holy Ghost, Peter tells us, "David speaketh concerning HIM." (Acts 2:25)
Verses 8-11, are quoted by Peter in his first sermon, after the pouring out of the Spirit on the day of Pentecost. Acts 2:25-31.
Verse 2. "O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord." In his inmost heart the Lord Jesus bowed Himself to do service to His Heavenly Father, and before the throne of Jehovah His soul vowed allegiance to the Lord for our sakes."
BooksOfTheBible/MatthewHenry/CharlesSpurgeon
Thou wilt shew me the path of life:
in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
vs.11